COLLABORATIVE ACTION NETWORK
The Forsyth Promise is proud to be a member of the Lumina Foundation’s Community Partnership for Attainment (CPA), a national effort to increase post-secondary attainment to 65 percent by 2025. In 2014 Winston-Salem was one of 35 communities invited to participate in the second cohort of the Lumina Foundation’s CPA strategy. As a CPA member, The Forsyth Post-Secondary Completion CAN receives significant technical and planning assistance, data tools, and flexible funding to support the implementation of our locally designed action plans.
Members of the Post-Secondary Completion CAN use data to identify best practices and align resources to help residents in Forsyth County prepare for and complete a meaningful post-secondary opportunity that leads to a sustainable living wage career.
If you are interested in learning more about the Post-Secondary Completion Collaborative Action Network or would like to get involved with increasing post-secondary attainment and career opportunities, please email or call 336.721.9352.
Key Post Secondary Completion CAN Initiatives
- Increase Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Completion Rates
- Create More Awareness Around Opportunities/Pathways for Career Options
- Create a “Post-Secondary/College-Going” Culture in our Community
Key Post-Secondary Volunteer Opportunities
- Serve as Free Tax Prep Volunteer — Serve as a trained tax prep volunteer during tax season in local high schools/communities during The Forsyth Promise partner led FAFSA Days. More information on dates and times coming Early 2016.
- Serve as FAFSA Day Media Blitz Partner — Serve as a partner from December through April to help disseminate information on local assistance with the FAFSA through channels you are connected to (i.e. religious institution, workplace, community centers, etc.). More information on documents to be disseminated and talking points at a later date.
- Serve as “Summer Melt” Volunteer — TBD during upcoming action planning process for Summer 2016.
Post-Secondary Completion CAN members
Student Professional Development
United Way of Forsyth County
Career Technical Education
Early College of Forsyth
Winston-Salem Prep Academy
Carver High School
Winston-Salem State University
Academic Advising Services
Youth in Transition
College Foundation of NC
Communities in Schools
Experiment in Self-Reliance
Financial Pathways of the Piedmont
Forsyth Technical Community College
Minority Male Mentoring Program
Job Development/Skills Training
Piedmont Triad Regional Council