What is the CLC?
The Forsyth Promise Community Leadership Council (CLC) is comprised of community members and leaders who have an interest in and commitment to improving outcomes for children from cradle to career. The CLC serves as a resource and advisory body responsible for providing feedback and input from a broader community perspective to The Forsyth Promise Executive Team. Meetings are held quarterly and topics vary depending on community needs.
As a member of The Forsyth Promise Community Leadership Council, you will be expected to:
- Actively participate in quarterly CLC meetings and provide input on specific questions and issues that arise related to the mission of the partnership.
- Represent and promote the work and values of The Forsyth Promise.
- Encourage local education and youth related programs to work with the partnership.
- Share information about The Forsyth Promise, including The Forsyth Promise Report, with other community members and encourage them to become involved in helping realize The Forsyth Promise's vision.
As a member of The Forsyth Promise Community Leadership Council, you can expect:
- Regular updates about the progress of the partnership’s work toward meeting the identified outcomes.
- Support in the form of:
- Information sharing about best practices and relevant research.
- Technical assistance related to the use of data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement processes
- Specific requests and recommendations for how you and/or your organization can help realize the vision of The Forsyth Promise.
Please Join Us for Our Summer CLC Challenge!
Join the Amazing Summer E.S.C.A.P.E. Challenge Today! Register online:
You can also check out the Weekly Learning Challenges!
For Weekly Learning Challenges, call 336.703.4294 on Fridays after 3 p.m.
You can also Attend a Parent Power Meeting!
K-12 Education Series for Parents and Families
For more information, contact Sharon Frazier 336.748.400 ext. 34225
Or you can Volunteer to Read to Kids this Summer!
For more information about leading lunch-time reading activities for kids this summer,
contact Sharon Frazier 336.748.400 ext. 34225